Keyholding, in a professional sense, is the act of keeping a spare key to a residential or commercial premise for use in case the primary key is lost or stolen. We like to take this one step further by providing additional services such as rapid response to:
• Burglar and Intruder Alarm Activations
• Access to tradesmen or contractors
• Gas leaks, floods and power cuts
• Elderly people’s Personal Alarms
• Void property inspections
• Lock up and unlocking of property
• and many more…
Our professional approach to the services we provide enables us to take on the role of a trusted friend protecting your property - a friend who is fully vetted, comprehensively trained, properly equipped and always available. The service provided by us is both professional and inexpensive.
The most crucial elements are: -
• Your keys will be security coded, sealed and held within a secure safe in our control room
• Fast attendance by fully licenced experienced staff, primarily by car equipped with amber and white warning lights.
• All telephone calls to our control room are recorded and timed for future reference if required
• You will receive a full report of each incident
Our Response Teams are primarily dispatched by car immediately to ensure prompt arrival at your premises. In addition, the time saved by not having to locate private keyholders may be crucial in some instances.
The Policy of the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), requires that each property must have at least two keyholders, one of whom must be available at all times. Each keyholder must have a telephone, a means of transport at all times, and must be capable of responding quickly to an attendance request, day or night.
Should you not comply with these requirements, the Police may withdraw response to your premises. In addition, your alarm receiving centre will not be permitted to notify the Police of alarm activations unless keyholding information is available. Where a professional keyholding company is appointed, all the above is taken care of. Our Response Team will attend your premises in response to alarm activations at any time. This is particularly relevant during unsocial hours. There is no need to rely or impose on friends or neighbours who may not be available to attend your property all year round.
In commercial properties, key members of staff may be absent from work if they have been called out during the previous night. There is also no cost involved in remunerating staff, providing transport or mobile phones and no possibility of breaching Health and Safety regulations.