WOULD you be interested in working in an SIA role for JDAM Security at exciting events in Ceredigion? We are now recruiting for Casual Event Staff (SIA), so apply now for a chance to take up one of these positions. Casual Event Security Staff (SIA)
The hours of work available are varied and flexible. You will form an essential part of the venue safety management team, controlling entry and maintaining good order whilst being aware of and ensuring the absolute care, comfort and well-being of a range of audiences. We strive to achieve a high level of customer care and to ensure all customers receive a good experience and service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter the event or venue e.g. individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs or demonstrating anti-social behaviour.
- This includes those who are searching bags to ensure that there is no unauthorised access or any damage to property or injury to others.
- Searching of persons and/or property to prevent items that are unauthorised or illegal from entering the premises e.g. cameras, alcohol, drugs or weapons.
- Responding to incidents within crowds, queues or the audience to control behaviour that is antisocial, undesirable or likely to result in harm to others.
- Ejecting individuals from a venue or event or designated area e.g. concert pit or backstage areas
- Protecting a pitch, track or other identifiable areas from spectators or others with the intention of preventing damage to property or persons.
- Providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime within a designated area.
- Guarding a property and/or equipment in the site during the setup and breaking down of, for example, an event or exhibition.
- Patrolling the perimeter of an event to prevent unauthorised entry gained by individuals, through the climbing or breaching of any fences or barriers, or through being let in via access.
Please note: You must be the holder of a current SIA Licence (Door Supervisor/Close Protection) for this role.